She has enjoyed close relationships over many years with the world’s most renowned orchestras, including the Berlin Philharmonic, Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Bavarian Radio Symphony, London Symphony Orchestra, London Philharmonic Orchestra, and – in the US – the Chicago Symphony and The Cleveland Orchestra, with whom she recently celebrated her 100th performance at Severance Hall. Conductors with whom she has worked closely have included Bernard Haitink, Sir Simon Rattle, Riccardo Muti, Esa-Pekka Salonen, Vladimir Jurowski, Andris Nelsons, Gustavo Dudamel, and Mariss Jansons.
Since 2016, Mitsuko Uchida has been an Artistic Partner of the Mahler Chamber Orchestra, with whom she is currently engaged on a five-year touring project in Europe and North America. She also appears regularly in recital in Vienna, Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, London, New York and Tokyo, and is a frequent guest at the Salzburg Mozartwoche and Salzburg Festival.
Mitsuko Uchida records exclusively for Decca, and her multi-award-winning discography includes the complete Mozart and Schubert piano sonatas. She is the recipient of two Grammy Awards – for Mozart Concertos with The Cleveland Orchestra, and for an album of lieder with Dorothea Röschmann – and her recording of the Schoenberg Piano Concerto with Pierre Boulez and the Cleveland Orchestra won the Gramophone Award for Best Concerto.
How the Camerata Musica Free Student Ticket Scheme works
Thanks to generous support from the Cavatina Trust, Camerata Musica is able to offer Free Student Tickets to selected concerts.
- Tickets will be held for collection at the Ticket Desk on the night of the performance (we regret that Free Tickets cannot be sent by post).
- Students in higher education and those aged 18 to 25 are eligible for the Free Student Tickets scheme.
- Students need to book using a credit card (either in person at the ADC Box Office, by phone, or online), making a fully refundable £10 deposit.
- The credit card used for purchase must not have an expiry date within six months of the purchase being made, otherwise a refund might not be possible.
- Provided the Free Tickets are collected and used, the full cost of the deposit will be refunded to the payment card within a few days of the concert. Please note that if the Free Tickets are not collected and used, the deposit will be retained.
- When collecting the Free Tickets you may be asked to present a current student card or a card showing proof of age.
For any questions on technical issues related to this, please contact our Box Office Administrator