Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions of Sale:
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions processed by The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Cambridge, acting through its ADC Theatre ('the ADC Theatre'):
- The ADC Theatre will refund tickets if it cancels an event. This refund will be made to Box Office account credit, unless requested otherwise by the customer within a week of being notified that the show is cancelled. If a customer requests a refund to their original payment method within a week, a refund can be made at the Theatre's discretion.
- If a customer is unable to attend a performance and the event is still on sale, they may contact the Box Office to exchange their tickets for a different performance, or request a refund to Box Office credit. No other refunds or exchanges will be made, and refunds to original payment method will only be made if the performance is cancelled by the ADC Theatre.
- Persons under 18 years of age may not purchase tickets.
- All tickets (and booking fees) must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
- The ADC Theatre will not be responsible for any lost or stolen tickets.
- Events or programme details may need to be cancelled or varied because of circumstances beyond the ADC Theatre’s reasonable control.
- If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, the ADC Theatre will use reasonable endeavours to notify customers of the cancellation although the ADC Theatre does not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event. The ADC Theatre is only able to inform customers for whom it holds valid contact details. Any customer who buys tickets without giving correct and up to date contact details does so at their own risk. If an event is cancelled by the ADC Theatre or less than half of a performance takes place, tickets may be exchanged to a different performance of the same event if applicable. The ADC Theatre may also refund any monies paid to the original payment method, cash, or issue a credit against the customers’ account, at its discretion.
- Changes may be made to the seating plan, to social distancing guidelines and to the terms and conditions of booking throughout the season. Tickets be may cancelled or exchanged by the theatre at any point if necessitated by Government guidelines or regulations.
- Any unused credit (due to a return or a voucher) on a customer’s account will expire two years after the credit was added. Account credit cannot be refunded to cash or card.
- The ADC Theatre may place restrictions on the number of tickets that may be ordered.
- Tickets must not be resold by the customer.
- A customer making a booking on behalf of a group, by doing so, accepts the ADC Theatre's terms and conditions on behalf of all group members and becomes responsible for making all payments due from the group.
- For performances taking place outside of the ADC Theatre or Corpus Playroom, the ADC Theatre acts only as a ticket agent for the venue, performing company or society concerned ('the Producers').
- Tickets are issued subject to the Producers' instructions and are non-refundable and non-exchangeable unless the event is cancelled by the Producers. The ADC Theatre will endeavour to give the customer any performance and venue information and regulations provided by the Producer but may not know if this is incomplete, incorrect or out of date. Customers are advised to contact the Producers directly if they should have a query that is not specifically relating to the booking process.
- Completion of the online booking process, including the provision of credit or debit card details, shall constitute an offer by the customer to purchase tickets subject to the ADC Theatre's general terms and conditions of sale. The ADC Theatre will then send a confirmation email addressed to the customer, after the customer has completed the booking process with a copy of these terms and conditions available for download at adctheatre.com/terms.
- The customer is entirely responsible for providing their details correctly during the booking process. The customer warrants that all details supplied are true and accurate. The customer is responsible for informing the ADC Theatre of any changes to their details once the booking is concluded.
- It is the customer's responsibility to check that tickets issued by the ADC Theatre are correct. Tickets purchased online for the incorrect performance cannot be exchanged or refunded. Please call the Box Office on 01223 300085 if you have any queries.
- If collecting tickets in person, ensure collection is no later than 15 minutes before the performance is due to start, (from the venue of the performance unless otherwise advised). Please bring your credit or debit card when collecting tickets as well as proof of concession if appropriate.
- All tickets purchased online will be issued as eTickets which must be brought along to the performance either printed or on a smart device. Those unable to display a valid ticket with a scannable barcode will not be permitted into the auditorium.
Nothing in these General Terms excludes or limits the ADC Theatre's liability for death or personal injury, caused directly by its negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. All other liabilities of the ADC Theatre (including without limitation for cancellation, deficiencies in the ADC venue or performance, or damage to property) shall be limited to the total of the face value of the ticket purchased and any booking fee.
To have a copy of the terms and conditions posted to you, please contact the Box Office on 01223 300085 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.