Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions of Sale:
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions processed by The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Cambridge, acting through its ADC Theatre ('the ADC Theatre'):
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and will not be available to purchase on the door of events at the ADC Theatre. Evening performances (7:45pm or 11:00pm) will go off sale online and at the Box Office at 12pm on the day of the performance. Matinée performances (2:00pm) will go off sale at 5pm the day before the performance.
- If the customer or a member of their party is unable to attend a performance, the entire group’s ticket may be exchanged to a different instance of the same event or refunded to account credit by contacting the Box Office before the event goes off sale. No refunds or exchanges will be available after this point unless the event has been cancelled by the ADC Theatre. All ticket exchanges are subject to availability.
- Group tickets can only be exchanged or refunded in full and not in part.
- Streaming tickets may not be returned, exchanged or refunded unless the event is cancelled by the ADC Theatre. Tickets may be exchanged to a future date, or refunded partially or in whole to account credit at the theatre’s discretion, if the customer experiences serious technical difficulties on their end accessing the livestream, and notifies the theatre of these difficulties by contacting the Box Office on 01223 300085 or emailing email@example.com before the mid-way point of the performance.
- If the ADC Theatre experiences technical difficulties in distributing the livestream or has to cancel livestreaming of a performance, the theatre will use reasonable endeavours to notify customers. In this scenario the ADC Theatre may exchange tickets to a different performance of the same event, or refund monies paid to cash, the original payment method or account credit.
- Ticket availability and prices online are provided for information only. The ADC Theatre is not obliged to contract on the basis of that information.
- Persons under 18 years of age may not purchase tickets.
- All tickets (and booking fees) must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
- The ADC Theatre will not be responsible for any lost or stolen tickets.
- Events or programme details may need to be cancelled or varied because of circumstances beyond the ADC Theatre’s reasonable control.
- If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, the ADC Theatre will use reasonable endeavours to notify customers of the cancellation although the ADC Theatre does not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event. The ADC Theatre is only able to inform customers for whom it holds valid contact details. Any customer who buys tickets without giving correct and up to date contact details does so at their own risk. If an event is cancelled by the ADC Theatre or less than half of a performance takes place, tickets may be exchanged to a different performance of the same event if applicable. The ADC Theatre may also refund any monies paid to the original payment method, cash, or issue a credit against the customers’ account, at its discretion.
- The ADC Theatre’s seating plan and booking policy has been designed to be flexible with the changing Government regulations on social distancing. Please be aware that changes may be made to the seating plan, social distancing guidelines and to the terms and conditions of booking throughout the season. Tickets be may cancelled or exchanged by the theatre at any point if necessitated by Government guidelines or regulations.
- Any unused credit (due to a return or a voucher) on a customer’s account will expire two years after the credit was added. Account credit cannot be refunded to cash or card.
- The ADC Theatre may place restrictions on the number of tickets that may be ordered.
- Tickets must not be resold by the customer.
- A customer making a booking on behalf of a group, by doing so, accepts the ADC Theatre's terms and conditions on behalf of all group members and becomes responsible for making all payments due from the group.
- For performances taking place outside of the ADC Theatre or Corpus Playroom, the ADC Theatre acts only as a ticket agent for the venue, performing company or society concerned ('the Producers').
- Tickets are issued subject to the Producers' instructions and are non-refundable and non-exchangeable unless the event is cancelled by the Producers. The ADC Theatre will endeavour to give the customer any performance and venue information and regulations provided by the Producer but may not know if this is incomplete, incorrect or out of date. Customers are advised to contact the Producers directly if they should have a query that is not specifically relating to the booking process.
- Completion of the online booking process, including the provision of credit or debit card details, shall constitute an offer by the customer to purchase tickets subject to the ADC Theatre's general terms and conditions of sale. The ADC Theatre will then send a confirmation email addressed to the customer, after the customer has completed the booking process with a copy of these terms and conditions available for download at www.adctheatre.com/terms.
- The customer is entirely responsible for providing their details correctly during the booking process. The customer warrants that all details supplied are true and accurate. The customer is responsible for informing the ADC Theatre of any changes to their details once the booking is concluded.
- It is the customer's responsibility to check that tickets issued by the ADC Theatre are correct. Tickets purchased online for the incorrect performance cannot be exchanged or refunded. Please call the Box Office on 01223 300085 if you have any queries.
- If collecting tickets in person, ensure collection is no later than 15 minutes before the performance is due to start, (from the venue of the performance unless otherwise advised). Please bring your credit or debit card when collecting tickets as well as proof of concession if appropriate.
- All tickets purchased online will be issued as eTickets which must be brought along to the performance either printed or on a smart device. Those unable to display a valid ticket with a scannable barcode will not be permitted into the auditorium.
Performances at the ADC Theatre:
- By purchasing a ticket, you agree on behalf of your party to adhere to the venue’s social distancing regulations as updated from time to time, the current version of which is available to view at www.adctheatre.com/coronavirus. All visitors must comply with the current social distancing regulations whilst on the premises. The theatre reserves the right to refuse entry, or request that a customer leaves the venue, if not in compliance with these regulations.
- For all performances from 18 September 2020 the ADC Theatre is required by law to keep a record of the lead booker’s contact details for at least 21 days following the performance. By booking a ticket the customer agrees that their contact details can be passed on through the NHS Test and Trace programme if required.
- Under no circumstances will latecomers be admitted into the auditorium. Latecomers will not receive a refund or be offered an exchange for any tickets purchased. Re-entry to the auditorium will not be permitted until the interval if a customer has to leave during the performance. Ticket exchanges or refunds will not be offered to a customer if they miss part or all of the performance for this reason.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded to cash or the original payment method unless the performance is cancelled by the ADC Theatre or less than half of the performance takes place. Customers are asked to make their booking carefully and contact the Box Office if they are unsure of any of the booking or performance details.
- The ADC Theatre reserves the right to refuse admission for good reason.
- Every member of the audience must have a valid individual or group ticket.
- When booking tickets online for performances at the ADC Theatre, the seating plan does not reflect the actual layout of the auditorium. All customers will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis upon arrival at the theatre. The theatre cannot guarantee to accommodate any specific access requests unless the customer contacts the Box Office in advance at the time of booking.
- The ADC Theatre operates a non-smoking policy in all areas of the building.
- The consumption of drinks in glasses or bottles is not permitted in the auditorium. Plastic cups are available on request.
- The use of any form of recording equipment is not permitted in the auditorium, except with the permission of the Theatre Manager. Those in breach of this will be asked to leave the venue.
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices must be switched off before entering the auditorium. Dogs (except guide dogs) are not permitted within the ADC Theatre.
- Theatrical effects such as strobe lighting and gunshots are sometimes used in productions. The ADC Theatre will endeavour to warn patrons in advance when these effects will be used.
- The ADC Theatre or any permitted third parties may carry out general filming and sound recording in or about the venue, including livestreaming performances. By purchasing tickets, you consent to you and your party being included in and to the exploitation of such films and recordings without payment.
- You are responsible for any possessions you bring into the ADC Theatre.
Nothing in these General Terms excludes or limits the ADC Theatre's liability for death or personal injury, caused directly by its negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. All other liabilities of the ADC Theatre (including without limitation for cancellation, deficiencies in the ADC venue or performance, or damage to property) shall be limited to the total of the face value of the ticket purchased and any booking fee.