Student tickets generously supported by the Cavatina Trust. These are strictly limited to two per booking.
MAGDALENA KOŹENÁ, mezzo-soprano
MITSUKO UCHIDA, piano
Debussy, Chansons de Bilitis, L. 90
Debussy, Cinq poèmes de Charles Baudelaire, L. 64
Debussy, Ariettes oubliées, L. 60
Messiaen, Poèmes pour Mi (1937)
Born in the Czech city of Brno, Magdalena Kožená is one of the most sought-after singers performing today. As celebrated for her performances in the opera house as in the concert hall, she an exclusive artist with Deutsche Grammophon since 1999 and has since been awarded multiple prizes for her albums including The Gramophone’s Solo Vocal Award, The Gramophone’s Artist of the Year, the Echo Klassik Prize, Record Academy Prize Tokyo, and the Diapason d’or. In 2017, Magdalena forged a long-term relationship with Dutch label Pentatone and her three recordings with the company include Il Giardino dei sospiri with harpsichordist Václav Luks and Collegium 1704; an intimate chamber music album Soirée; and her most recent release, Nostalgia, with the celebrated pianist Yefim Bronfman.
Legendary pianist Dame Mitsuko Uchida brings a deep insight into the music she plays through her own quest for truth and beauty. Renowned for her interpretations of Mozart, Schubert, Schumann and Beethoven, she has also illuminated the music of Berg, Schoenberg, Webern and Boulez for a new generation of listeners. She is an Honorary Fellow of Peterhouse, Cambridge, and her April 2024 recital is her eighth for Camerata Musica Cambridge.
How the Camerata Musica Free Student Ticket Scheme works
Thanks to generous support from the Cavatina Trust, Camerata Musica is able to offer Free Student Tickets to selected concerts.
- Tickets will be held for collection at the Ticket Desk on the night of the performance (we regret that Free Tickets cannot be sent by post).
- Students in higher education and those aged 18 to 25 are eligible for the Free Student Tickets scheme.
- Students need to book using a credit card (either in person at the ADC Box Office, by phone, or online), making a fully refundable £15 deposit.
- The credit card used for purchase must not have an expiry date within six months of the purchase being made, otherwise a refund might not be possible.
- Provided the Free Tickets are collected and used, the full cost of the deposit will be refunded to the payment card within 10 working days of the concert. Please note that if the Free Tickets are not collected and used, the deposit will be retained.
- When collecting the Free Tickets you may be asked to present a current student card or a card showing proof of age.
For any questions on technical issues related to this, please contact our Box Office Administrator.
Our general terms and conditions of sale can be viewed here.
Please note that the producers are not allowing refunds for this event.