Privacy, Security & Cookies
The University of Cambridge, of which the ADC Theatre is part, is registered under the terms of the 1998 Data Protection Act.
- When creating an online account you are given the opportunity to choose whether to receive information by post and/or e-mail directly from the ADC Box Office.
- Personal information we hold about you will be used to keep you informed about events, news, and offers that we think will be of interest to you according to the options you have chosen.
- In order to process a transaction, your personal information and card details may be passed to third party service providers. Card details will only be used for the purpose of handling an individual transaction.
- To provide our online ticketing service cookie technology is used whereby small pieces of information are stored in your Internet browser.
- All information we hold about you will be held securely.
- If you have any questions or comments about privacy please contact the Box Office.
- Transactions are processed via Spektrix Ltd, who provide our Box Office system.
- Spektrix pages can be identified by the 'Powered by Spektrix' logo at the bottom right of your screen.
- When asked to enter personal details such as your credit card number, a closed padlock icon will be displayed at the bottom of your browser window.
- This icon indicates that all data is being transmitted securely between your web browser and the Box Office servers, using encryption to ensure that the data cannot be read or modified by any third party.
- The University of Cambridge take data security extremely seriously and understands the need to adhere to high levels of checking and auditing around storing and transferring cardholder data. As part of the global Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), we have worked with our acquiring bank Barclaycard to provide our customers with a secure payment network.
- In line with this, protecting consumers against credit card fraud is a critical issue for merchants and the University of Cambridge requires that under no circumstances should credit card information be sent by email.
- Our site uses a number of Cookies in order to allow the online booking process to function. These are used by our box office system, Spektrix. These cookies are essential for the functioning of the site, and are therefore outside the scope of EU regulations.
|Session Cookie||This is the cookie used to track customers through the booking process and is essential to make the site function properly.|
|Authentication Cookie||Spektrix sets another cookie when users log in - this allows users to start the checkout process, or log in, and then go to a different part of the website. It is essential to the functioning of the site.|
|Test Cookie||Spektrix sets a test cookie before customers start the booking process. If this fails it redirects customers to a help page. It is essential to the functioning of the site.|
- Our site also uses a number of cookies used for anonymous analytics. We do not collect personal data or share our analytics with any third parties.
- If you do not want this data to be collected, you can opt out of all Google Analytics collecting data from this or any other website.